EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON

Things is life are never quite what they seem. We think we understand the world around us but, you really only see the outside, what it seems to be. I used to be just like you. I believed in humanity, the newspapers, soap commercials, politics and history books. But one day, the world kicks you in the teeth, and you don't have any choice but to see things the way they really are...

Thursday, June 01, 2006

I now pronounce you, husband and wife.

"..... not gonna buy anything for your future mother in-law?"



I don't know why it seems that recently I've been facing a lot of people asking me the same question:
"when are you planning to get married?"

Perhaps its scary to think but I'm not growing any younger. At some point in time of my life, I used to be able to enjoy my unadulterated teenage years. Never was there such things as kids or cats or wedding rings or homes or cars.... they never became an issue. Right now at the begining of my degree programme, I'm seeing life from a different perspective. Firstly, I now have to think of how to improve my skills in Film & Animation so that someday someone is gonna HIRE me...... so that I can earn money to PROVIDE for my family...... so that I can make sure my CHILDREN grow strong and healthy...... then they can get proper EDUCATION.... so that they can be SOMEBODY someday... then they can take care of me and my wife when we're RETIRED...

Really.... what is going on? I mean, I know people of my age getting married due to certain unforseen circumstances. I hear my dad actually accepting the fact that I have a girlfriend and that I can even talk to him about it. I know I did say that the reason why I paktoh is because I want to work towards marriage but wasnt marriage a few decades more to go?
Today Fazdrul and I chat for a while and he ask me this question, "So, when you wanna propose?". Oddly enough, without any hesitation I just replied with, "Oh actually I'm planning to propose to her on ********* then maybe after that, about ********* then marriage I guess. "
*actual dates have been removed to eliminating any spoilers in my life ;)*
So... I guess here comes the time when I really am an adult with full resonsibilty of a future family and career. Don't blame me but if people used to say I am kiddy. Its not because I'm immature, it's just that sometimes I wish I don't have to grow up. But alas... it is time for me to create my own name in history. To inherit down the name of Mr. Aw.... I am quite prepared actually. Only thing is, I'm just gonna be the same ME that I have always been. All the way~!

p/s: Oh yea.. today I bought myself and michelle our first home kitchen appliance. A cordless kettle. I'm actually starting to like this husband and wife thing. Maybe marriage isnt such a bad thing after all =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home