work? (again)
Life is like a box of chocolates.... you'll never know what you're gonna get
The past 2 weeks hasn't been easy for me at all.... I have been contemplating what I really want in life. Well... not too detailed but just mainly what I want to do for a living. The reason why I came back to Malaysia was to study CGI, Special Effects.. so that I can become a Visual Effects artist for Film. How did I decide to get there? It was all because of the star wars & matrix parodies that I made while I was in Singapore. Little did I know that there is no such education institution in this part of the world. But its okay, at least MMU has this course called "Film & Animation"
Why did I choose to do something that I can't really do? GOD KNOWS! I mean, when it comes to computer hardware & software, I already know more than most computer technicians. Why didnt I choose to just study computer engineering? I once did direct selling. One of the most difficult methods of being in sales. Why didn't I just choose to study sales and marketing? I guess it was simply because of interest. I am interested in special effects in movies. And even though I'm not good at it, I still want to try.
I came to a conclusion that at a certain point, I just wanted to take the easy way out. To make my study life easier. But hey, I am paying a handsome sum of money to learn something. Why learn something I already know and is good at? Thats why I'm doing multimedia instead of computers or sales. But here's the bad news. Studying Film & Animation has totally got nothing to do with visual effects. So what to do? I'm already here. Might as well just study bout animation and 3d modelling and stuff lo....if I practise hard enuff then I could be good at it someday. Even if I don't get to work in a film studio doing their visual effects. I guess it doesnt matter... as long as I can earn enuff money to enjoy life and support my family in future =\
The past 2 weeks hasn't been easy for me at all.... I have been contemplating what I really want in life. Well... not too detailed but just mainly what I want to do for a living. The reason why I came back to Malaysia was to study CGI, Special Effects.. so that I can become a Visual Effects artist for Film. How did I decide to get there? It was all because of the star wars & matrix parodies that I made while I was in Singapore. Little did I know that there is no such education institution in this part of the world. But its okay, at least MMU has this course called "Film & Animation"
Why did I choose to do something that I can't really do? GOD KNOWS! I mean, when it comes to computer hardware & software, I already know more than most computer technicians. Why didnt I choose to just study computer engineering? I once did direct selling. One of the most difficult methods of being in sales. Why didn't I just choose to study sales and marketing? I guess it was simply because of interest. I am interested in special effects in movies. And even though I'm not good at it, I still want to try.
I came to a conclusion that at a certain point, I just wanted to take the easy way out. To make my study life easier. But hey, I am paying a handsome sum of money to learn something. Why learn something I already know and is good at? Thats why I'm doing multimedia instead of computers or sales. But here's the bad news. Studying Film & Animation has totally got nothing to do with visual effects. So what to do? I'm already here. Might as well just study bout animation and 3d modelling and stuff lo....if I practise hard enuff then I could be good at it someday. Even if I don't get to work in a film studio doing their visual effects. I guess it doesnt matter... as long as I can earn enuff money to enjoy life and support my family in future =\

3 Comments:
At 7:26 PM,
simply me, Jason said…
><
expensivitivity.... darnt
At 10:23 PM,
simply me, Jason said…
come to think of it, I dun really know. Perhaps for a higher level like a master's degree i would try foreign uni's and specialise in it(visual effects).. but for now, at degree level, I just wanna grad first. How bout you? you plan to go further?
At 3:30 PM,
simply me, Jason said…
at a higher level of education, I believe we can demand for more pay. Although us designers will be paid mainly via comission from projects but I'm looking more for steady job. Haha... my art sucks big time. So if possible, I dont intend to be the designer for long.. perhaps go higher as the art director. =P
Post a Comment
<< Home