EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON

Things is life are never quite what they seem. We think we understand the world around us but, you really only see the outside, what it seems to be. I used to be just like you. I believed in humanity, the newspapers, soap commercials, politics and history books. But one day, the world kicks you in the teeth, and you don't have any choice but to see things the way they really are...

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Nokia 6230 mod

pimp my phone...

Okay lets face the facts. Boys are always into mods no matter at what age. Some people mod (modify) their cars, skateboards, bicycles, clothes, PCs, guitars.... heck, almost anything can be modded! I myself like to to mod my belongings. It gives me a great sense of ownership. And today I'm gonna share with you how I pimped my phone~

About a 1 and a half years ago, I was working my ass off this perfume company of which I earned quite a great deal of cash. I was phoneless and I decided to to buy myself the Nokia 6230 which I have been looking for ages! This is what it looks like right now. Oh btw, I bought this transparent glass case to protect it that kinda makes it look like an iPod, hence I called mine the iPhone =P

The Nokia 6230 is really one of the best choice around. Camera phone, 65k colour screen, expandable memory slot (MMC), mp3 playable, bluetooth, infrared, gprs, radio, video recorder, voice recorder, easy-to-sms-keypad! Basically its an all rounder but its not a bulky 3G phone. Who uses 3G yet anyway? LoL... and you know, its supposedly 'better' counterpart, the 6230i is so damn lagging because the interface is is fully animated. Bad choice. But nowadays they don't sell this phone anymore unless you don't mind going for 2nd hand or other means of purchasing that is not thru the standard handphone shops.

When you've got a phone with expandable memory and also mp3 music playable, you wouldnt wanna be missing out. The Nokia 6230 supports only MMC cards and I bought this exact one when I was in s'pore with my brother. Cost me about SGD$22 back then. I wanted to get a bigger memory but then, come to think of it, if one song is about 4mb in size, you would have at least 30songs. If each song is about 4 mins, thats 120minutes or 2hours worth of music play time! That is way much more than I need! I don't get why people buy mp3 players with such big memory like 512mb or some even 1gb o_O


There came a day when I told my dad I wanted to get a Creative Zen Micro and he asked me this question, "Isn't your phone an mp3 player as well?" By golly, he's right! With my own surveying and testing around, and also with my girlfriend's advice, I decided to buy the Nokia HS-31 Stereo Headset which is brand new in the market. Its only for pre-order in the UK but it's available here. According to the shop dude, he said that world renowned audio headset maker, Sennheiser combined effort with Nokia to produce this headset. Don't know to what extent that is true but the sound quality is superb. Great bass and clarity. Comfy for my ears too. Plus, it has a convenient button that allows me to switch to the next song. Wires are wraped in nylon cross stitch type material which prevents it from tangling up (which was why I choose not to use the standard HDS-3 Stereo Headset which came standard in the box)

Well, there you have it, my standard Nokia 6230 evolved into an mp3 player with better sound quality than anything I've tested till today. Surprisingly, Nokia's music player built inside can really produce great quality music which, once combo-ed with the new HS-31 Stereo Headset, can even rival with the Creative Zen Micro. I admit that my phone means a lot to me. I use it as my entertainment system. Playing music or even games on it (I have Splinter Cell and many other games). It stores my contacts so it acts as my phone book. It has a calender and organiser so I remember my plans for every month plus birthday reminders. Every morning, I use it as my alarm clock. Sometimes, when I'm out with my darling, we would snap photos using the camera of the phone. And of course... not forgetting its original purpose, its a phone of which I use to call and sms people =P

sometimes we have so much in technology that we forget the main purpose that it was created for....

-Jason outz-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home